Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Bridling Up!

We worked on the bridling issue today; it's now been a week since Candy had her wolf teeth pulled and teeth floated. It didn't take much (approach and retreat) and she was grabbing for the bit. I could barely touch the corner of her mouth initially, so we started there. It took about 15 minutes to have her bridling up nicely.

I used a Myler Comfort Snaffle (actually, it is Cherokee's bridle), which is actually much milder than the traditional snaffle bit in my opinion. She also quickly translated softness from the bosal to the bit. I hopped on, and she headed out of the driveway and down the road. I have never known a horse to NOT like going back to the hitching post and wanting to go on another trail ride instead. I mean, it's just so traumatizing to have to stand at a hitching post and get brushed, loved on, and eat cookies. ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment