Friday, March 30, 2012

Candy Update

Since my last post, I've had a really good training session and a mediocre one.

The really good one was yesterday. We rode around the arena, wove in and out of cones, and developed a go forward cue. She was hyped up at the beginning of the session, but by the end, she was calm and responsive, and very soft bending and steering through the cones.

Today, things started out well but I think she lost interest about halfway through and got bored. There wasn't much riding due to some groundwork issues and some slight regression, but that is to be expected during the training process of a green horse. We all have good days and challenging days. I did end the session on a good note and she will get tomorrow off other than petting and brushing.

Interestingly, she's become the boss mare of the pasture as she was at her previous home. Boy, can she run and I am amazed at the athletic ability of this mare. I might just have to borrow her for an obstacle race or two!

No comments:

Post a Comment